Back in March ancient ring was the straw that broke my back when it came to PC games not allowing players to quickly and neatly exit to the desktop. Three months later, it’s good to see that FromSoftware has decided to alleviate our collective suffering.
If you missed it in the original post I described the ordeal PC players had to go through just to exit the game, which involved going through a few menus, then sitting in some company splash screens, and then a few more menus, in a process that could take 20-30 seconds . .
Never ever! On June 13, the game received an update, bringing it up to version 1.05 and hiding some settings specific to the PC version of the game at the bottom of the changelog. They are:
Additions and modifications for PC version only
– Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be entered using “Press ANY BUTTON” on the title screen.
– “Return to desktop” has been added to the system item of the main menu to exit the game.
– Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
– Fixed a bug that caused performance to slow down when changing “Screen Mode” and “Resolution” in a special procedure.
Here’s the new “system element” in action:
It’s perfect! This is exactly what you want, where you want, because when the desire (or need) arises to go straight to the desktop, you need to press this button immediately, and not after scrolling through two menus and then being reminded that it is true. a joint venture between Bandai Namco and FromSoftware.
While most of the rest of the update is about bug fixes, there are also a few general updates, which:
– In transactions with NPC “Twin Maiden Husk”, the following items from the Bell Bearing have been changed so that their released status will carry over to the NG+ game: Bone Trader’s Bell Bearing/Meat Trader’s Bearing/Medicine Trader’s Bell Bearing/Gravity Stone Trader’s Bearing/Miner’s Bearing Bearing Forge Stone/Somberstone Miner Bearing/Glover Collector Bearing/Glover Collector Bearing
– Added focus to Holy Flask selection and a few other options that can be enhanced in the grace menu.
– Added sound effects when summon signs of other players appear.